PUBG Mobile continues to see massive popularity as an alternative game to Fortnite, especially in the Asian region. PUBG Mobile was also recently chosen as the Best Game of 2018 on Google Play as well as the User’s Choice Game of 2018 on Google Play; all of which does not really come as a surprise as the game was also chosen by The Golden Joystick for its 2018 Mobile Game of the Year as well.
PUBG Mobile recently entered Season 4 with apk version 0.9.5, bringing access to a new automatic assault rifle and many more changes. The next version of PUBG Mobile, i.e. apk version 0.10.0 has now entered its beta and is available for download for users who are interested to play on the new version before the stable update drops.
Meanwhile, we at XDA-Developers had a chance to access the patch notes for the upcoming stable 0.10.0 update, through a reliable source.
PUBG Mobile 0.10.0 Update Leaked Patch Notes
Notable changes in this update is the addition of the Vikendi snow map, with a new snow weather mode and an snowmobile vehicle. There’s also the addition of cross-server matchmaking, which will allow players to match with players on other servers on the same tier, thereby reducing match wait times in certain scenarios. Players will also now be able to collect all daily mission awards, which will definitely be a welcome change for the regulars.
The complete patch notes are as below —
New Map and In-game changes:
• Vikendi, a 6km x 6km snow map
• Will be available for download at 0:00 UTC on 20 DEC 2018, and available for matchmaking 24 hours later
• New weather mode added: Snow
• Vikendi-exclusive vehicle: Snowmobile
• Snowball Fight added to Vikendi’s Spawn Island
• Added layout for players with large hands
• Added a display for Crew Challenge winners on Erangel’s Spawn Island. Season 1’s winning teams will appear on the Spawn Island of their respective server and modes (Season 2 registration starts at 0:00 UTC on 18 DEC 2018)
• Players’ best results in Crew Challenge will now be shown on their Crew pages and can be shared with other players
• Added a Snow theme to the main menu. Collect bells from all Classic mode matches and exchange them for rewards at the event center
• Shop’s front page has been tuned to emphasize themes of each major update
• Added cross-server matchmaking. After enabling, players have a chance to be matched to players of the same tier on other servers
• Players that repeatedly exit matches right after starting will now be banned from finding matches for a period of time
• Players may now report suspicious behavior while spectating after dying.
• Players now can collect all daily mission awards at once.
• Added Firearms Finish Upgrade System, where players can use materials at the Lab to upgrade certain weapon finishes to get additional kill effects, unique kill broadcasts, and death crate appearances.
• Added Lucky Treasure, a feature that gives players a chance to get upgradable weapon finish Glacier – M416 when they finish daily missions.
• Added Season spending rewards. Spend different amounts to get excellent rewards and steep discounts on firearm finishes
• Added Arabic support
• Players now do not need to select a second language for matchmaking and chat
• Chat system now takes up less memory and stores more messages
• New commands added to Quick Chat
Update 1: Vikendi Snow Map Confirmed in Official 0.10 Patch Notes
/u/PlayPUBGMobile, a Reddit account run by Tencent’s Community Team, has shared the official patch notes for the update. As we noted, the Vikendi snow map will soon be available for download. Along with the patch note announcement, Tencent has also shared some statistics about the success of PUBG Mobile. In a press release, the company states that the download count of PUBG Mobile has surpassed 200 million – even when excluding China from the statistics. That’s almost as many players as Fortnite, according to a report last month from Bloomberg.